Sunday, January 26, 2014

What we've been up to

 Colin is in school 5 Mornings a week since the beginning Of this month. So far it's going well...I was able to keep him in his Mothers Day Out that he's been in since we moved here, which is on Tuesdays and Thursdays mornings at a local church. Then on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings he goes to a Montessori school around the corner from our house. So far, I really like his teacher there and the Montessori concept and he seems to like it too, there are sometimes some tears about wanting to stay home with Mommy ( which reminds me of my Opa telling me stories of how he never wanted to go to school because he wanted to stay home with his Mommy) but those tears have gotten less and less as the month as gone on and he's gotten more used to it. I do have some guilt over sending him, but at 3 years old and with baby brother on the way, I know it's for the best. Plus he is always happy when I pick him up and tells me " I had a fun day Mommy, that makes me happy"...which is funny because he used to just say " I had a fun day Mommy" and I would respond with "that makes me happy" but now he says that too. He is talking up a storm and is pretty hilarious..one of my favorite phrases is when he tells me "great idea mommy!!" haha! 
Colin's other favorite activities lately are playing with play-doh, doing puzzles, cutting paper with his own scissors, and painting with water colors..these have all been good activities as we've spent more time indoors since it's so cold outside. 

We also got back from a 5 day unexpected trip for my Opa's memorial service. Colin has no grasp on the concept that Opa is gone, which is expected at his age.I just hope he'll hold at least one memory of Opa. I was really glad to go home, if this trip hadn't come up we would have gone from the beginning of December until the end of April without a trip to Florida, which is entirely too long. We spent most of the 5 days catching up with family that came in town including my cousins from Wisconsin and my cousin Juliet from England who I rarely get to see and whom Colin loved playing with. He also really enjoys cousin Julia from Wisconsin too. Most of our trip was spent with family but we were able to squeeze in a little friend time too and a trip to the Gasparilla Children's parade.
A little less than 3 weeks now until Colin is joined by a little brother, we can't wait to meet him but I am soaking up the down time while Colin is in school and all the one one time with him before my attention is divided! 

Playing with his play-doh

Kisses for Juliet


A morning at Busch Gardens 

Catching beads at the Gasparilla Children's parade

Getting a shoulder ride with cousin Julia

Walking down to parade with Hayley, Anna and Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment