Friday, January 3, 2014

Vail Trip

We just got back on Wednesday from a glorious week of skiing in Vail...well everyone skiied except me :) Vail at Christmas time is the most magical place...the mountains, the snow and the twinkling Christmas lights everywhere are really spectacular.
Colin took to skiing pretty well. The first day on the slopes Evan and I took him to the bunny hill just to see if he was willing and excited to ski, and for the most part he was. We'd ride the magic carpet about half way up and then Evan would push him down the hill and I would catch him. He did pretty good, just didn't quite grasp the idea of the "pizza" and couldn't stop. He did love to go "faster and faster" and had a blast riding the chair lift and magic carpet. We enrolled him in ski school  ( thanks Ken and Lydia)and he spent four morning learning the basics. By the end, the instructors said he had started doing the pizza, so progress!
He'd cry a bit when I dropped him off each morning, but when I picked him up he was happy and told me he'd had a fun day.
We ate so much good food, my favorite part of the trip, a nice perk for an 8 month old girl like myself! I also was treated to some spa time, which was such a nice luxury to relax and get pampered a bit.
There is so much more to tell of our time there, but I'll just let the pictures show the fun!





























No comments:

Post a Comment